Friday, March 29, 2013

A Starry Night

-
when I save enough cookie money
I would spend it on
a day at the MoMA
staring at one particular painting
-
It's probably a cliché to say,
 "It's probably a cliché to love Van Gogh's Starry Night as much as I do."
-
I don't want (I think nobody does) to be a part of a fandom that is considered a dead metaphor
by most avant-garde intelligentsia,
this in itself is a cliché
-
March 30 is Vincent's (yes, we're on a first-name basis) 160th birthday.
Cover photos of Vincent's Starry Night popping up from cake artists' Facebook pages from around the globe reminded me of this painting's quality of being overrated.
-
...stating all these makes me a shameless sad cliché...
and I came to the conclusion that:
like everything else, loving a painting like Vincent's Starry Night
is relative
-
FOR ME,
La Joconde is a cliché
Starry Night is a pilgrimage
...and I wouldn't mind (who am I to mind anyway?) even if I see reproductions (including mine) plastered everywhere...
...because somehow I (just) know that seeing Vincent's original wouldn't compare...
-
Happy 160th Birthday Vincent!
-
x charisma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...